Love Live Music- Portland!
We are more than lucky to have so many amazing music venues scattered all across our lovely town. It’s one of the reasons I moved here. Check out some of these iconic music venues in town.
- The Goodfoot Pub: located on SE Stark Street, next door to Baby Doll’s Pizza. This venue offers monthly art shows and large pool hall upstairs with a full kitchen. Downstairs is where the music magic happens.
- The Laurelthirst: located on NE Glisan Street, this iconic building was just saved from demolition by some local musicians and pillars of the community. They offer great bar food, comfy ambiance and free happy hour shows everyday of the week.
- The StarDay Tavern: located in FoPo (FOster/POwell) on Foster Road. This building was once on the demolition block as well. Newer owners have saved it from the rubble and you can catch almost every genre of music here, always free!
- Jack London Revue: located downtown, below the Rialto Pool Hall. While parking may not always be easy- the journey makes it worth while! Portland’s newest and immediate iconic jazz bar.
- Mississippi Studios: located in southern tip of the Mississippi district and surrounded by amazing café’s and shops. This venue offers a smaller, intimate show with some regional and national touring acts.
- The Revolution Hall: located in SE Portland on Stark Street, within an old high school theatre. Fully renovated back in 2013- it’s quickly become Portland’s mid-sized concert theatre (830 person capacity).
- The Doug Fir Lounge: located on East Burnside. This unique venue is nestled below a completely renovated motel and newly built lounge/restaurant. Built with acoustics in mind, all of the walls are made from giant reclaimed old growth trees.